Kid’s birthday parties should always be a fun time for the kids, and while we know they may be a stressful time for the parents (with all the organizing, phone calls, preparation, and expenses), it should definitely not be a situation where you have to worry about safety in any major way.
However with the popularity of bounce houses around the country, which are rented regularly for all types of parties and events for kids (and even adults), it might surprise you that there has been some serious concerns about the safety of these installations.
As parents, we’ve had plenty of experience with these. Just this past summer we utilized bounce house rentals long island and got ourselves a large bounce castle for our sons 7th birthday. He had a blast, all his friends came over, and it was all around a good time. We didn’t know at the time that there were so many issues around the country.
While we had a great experience and everything went well, in hindsight there are a few things we would have liked to ask our provider before deciding on the deal. Questions such as:
- Have you had any major safety/medical issues in the past year?
- Are your bounce houses regularly inspected for safety?
- Do you tie down your bounce houses to the ground (for the infamous “flying bounce house” story)?
- How many kids should be allowed in the bounce house at one time?
- What are the procedures for an injury, or other events such as deflation of the bounce house?
What do you think? Have you had any experience with bounce houses, good or bad? Let us know in the comments!